HERE - Dog Walks Prague w/Karen O'Rourke
Guest: Karen O' Rourke, author of Dog Walks Prague
Prague's already gone to the dogs - they're welcome everywhere. And they need to go walkies, as do their humans. Karen O'Rourke believes in the benefits of hiking and dog ownership so much, she's created a group for walkers, written a book about dogs walks in and out of Prague, and is working on a second book. She shares her ideas, some details and some of her favourite walks, both in Prague and out.
Video version (with pictures!) on our YouTube channel.
Like what we do? Then buy us a beer or three via our Buy Me a Coffee page!
01:54 - Walking + dogs = happiness
13:02 - THERE: Lochovice, Plešivecký hřeben & Fabian's Garden (50km SW or Prague); Lake Mácha & Mouse Island (75km north of Prague), Kokořín (40km north of Prague), Václav Nebeský & Božena Němcová and Ratibořice (130 km east of Prague)
- Music by Fanette Ronjat
More info (plus links in the Sections section above)
- Shakespeare & Sons English language bookshop (main distributor or the book: to order, send an inquiry email to firstname.lastname@example.org, cost is 300CZK)
- We Love Dogs/Hunter shops - pet supplies & purchase point for the book
- Dog Walks Prague website
- Jaq's Cool Critters - Cuddlin' in Kadlín episode of Prague Times on YouTube
- Cool Critters animal sanctuary webpage
- Psí senioři
- Article by Karen in Dogs Today Magazine
For events in Prague, go to the Facebook page The Prague Haps
Follow us on social for extras:
Other Podcasts by Derek DeWitt
- DIGITAL SIGNAGE DONE RIGHT - Winner of 2020 Communicator Award of Excellence for Podcasts Series-Corporate Communications and on numerous top 10 podcast lists.
- CONSPIRACY CLEARINGHOUSE - A rather skeptical look at conspiracies and mysteries. Each episode will examine conspiracy theories, most of which are not true, a few of which might be a little bit true and even a couple that turned out, in fact, to be true. This is the podcast that dares to look behind the curtain that’s behind the curtain.